Terri's Review: Torrid Affair by Callie Anderson

Title: Torrid AffiarAuthor: Callie Anderson
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Callie Anderson

Pub Date: September 13, 2016
Rating: 3.75 Stars

Our thoughts...

This is the first book that I have read by Callie Anderson. I was hooked from the start. You can feel the tension building among Brie and Nate, their chemistry together is so undeniable its almost palpable to the reader. I didn’t want to put Torrid Affair down. I needed to know how it all ended.

Like I said this book had my full attention from the start. I love a good angsty, cheating book and this hit both of those boxes. I loved Brie and Nate; I wanted them together more than anything. Their connection alone had me wanting to see where they ended up in life, would their dreams ever become a reality.

We meet Brie, Delaney, Nate and Julian during their last few years of college. Brie and Delaney are college roommates and best friends. Brie would do anything for Delaney and that includes walking away from her true love.Delaney, I hate her. I didn't like her from the start (read the book and them come chat with me about her). Nate and Julian are brothers. Nate has loved Brie from the moment he met her. When Nate received some life changing news, he does what he thinks is best. He sends his brother after his one true love. Julian has also loved Brie sadly she didn't carry the same feelings.

There are lies, deceit twists and turns and enough WTH moments to keep you turning the pages. This story will grip you from the very beginning. Be prepared to want to toss your kindle out the window, you may even have a few choice words for these characters. I did that’s for sure.

My frustration with this story was that the ending felt rushed. We had all this building of tension and then the ending IMO fizzled out. Almost 60% of the book is set in the past, which is great but the remaining 40% is split between present and future. I wanted a more long term look into their future. Did they end up with a family of their own, did she go back to school, how is Caleb after everything.

1 comment: